PenPal Schools connects over 100,000 students in more than 170 countries to practice skills and explore the world. PenPals collaborate through high-quality online courses to discover cultures and learn about global challenges while practicing essential reading and writing skills. PenPal Schools has won multiple international awards and was recognized by President Obama as one of the world’s leading social enterprises. Learn more at www.penpalschools.com, check out a map of our classrooms around the world, or watch a 90-second video: Intro to PenPal Schools or An Afghan - American Connection.
Our team is currently seeking a Community Manager to celebrate and communicate with our teachers around the world. This is a full-time position and candidates must be based in Austin, TX. Responsibilities include:
- Writing blog posts including profiles of global classrooms and educational thought pieces (see blog.penpalschools.com for examples)
- Engaging teachers and influencers across channels (blogs, social media, webinars, etc) to increase teacher enrollment and engagement
- Addressing teachers' questions and concerns through in-app messaging, email, and social media
- Managing the PenPal Schools Global Ambassador Program to engage teachers around the world who share a passion for global education
- Strong organization skills to efficiently work on multiple projects at once
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (you’ll be the voice of our community!)
- Great attention to detail
- Passion for community building and education
- Earn a competitive salary with equity in a fast-growing company with an awesome social mission
- Join a fun and high-performing team that is passionate about our work
- Gain marketing and product development experience
- Use your skills to make a difference in the world; we're working to provide students everywhere with opportunities to learn important skills and build empathy.
- Work in the beautiful Impact Hub space (large backyard and great location in South Austin
Why Work for PenPal Schools?
- We recently raised $1.25M from a star-studded group of investors including top venture capital firms, angel investors in 5 countries, the owner of an NBA team, and a famous actress/activist. Read details and news coverage here, and a blog post on how we'll spend the money here.
- We've now connected over 120K students and are growing virally in 170 countries. See the map here. We (and our investors) believe we have a decent chance to become the biggest education company in the world.
- We've been recognized by President Obama, featured in the NY Times, and won multiple international awards including the 1776 Challenge Cup, the Dell World Pitch Slam, and the Global Edtech Startup Awards
- Working on something that makes a positive impact in peoples' lives is extremely rewarding. Considering recent events, it's more important than ever that we help the next generation to build empathy, learn facts and other perspectives on important issues, and develop critical language and technology skills.
- We're integrating new technologies like artificial intelligence and virtual reality to make PenPal exchanges more educational and engaging
- Our team is fun and extremely talented. Demo a course to see the quality of our tech (built by Miguel Vazquez). Browse all of our courses to see the quality of our curriculum (designed by Mark Danforth).
- We work in the beautiful Impact Hub space on S First St. (near Torchy's tacos).