About PenPal Schools
PenPal Schools connects over 100,000 students in more than 170 countries to practice skills and explore the world. PenPals collaborate through high-quality online courses to discover cultures and learn about global challenges while practicing essential reading and writing skills. PenPal Schools has won multiple international awards and was recognized by President Obama as one of the world’s leading social enterprises.
Our fun and high-performing team is passionate about what we do! Join us and use your skills to help provide quality educational opportunities for learners everywhere while breaking down barriers between nations.
Map of PenPal Schools classrooms around the world
90-second videos: Intro to PenPal Schools or An Afghan - American Connection
PenPal School's One Pager
PenPal Schools in featured in GigaOm
Stories of Impact:
Let Girls Learn Together
PenPals in Ghana & California Connect
What We Can Learn from Students about the Election
Why Work for PenPal Schools?
- We recently raised $1.25M from a star-studded group of investors including top venture capital firms, angel investors in 5 countries, the owner of an NBA team, and a famous actress/activist. Read details and news coverage here, and a blog post on how we'll spend the money here.
- We've now connected over 120K students and are growing virally in 170 countries. See the map here. We (and our investors) believe we have a decent chance to become the biggest education company in the world.
- We've been recognized by President Obama, featured in the NY Times, and won multiple international awards including the 1776 Challenge Cup, the Dell World Pitch Slam, and the Global Edtech Startup Awards
- Working on something that makes a positive impact in peoples' lives is extremely rewarding. Considering recent events, it's more important than ever that we help the next generation to build empathy, learn facts and other perspectives on important issues, and develop critical language and technology skills.
- We're integrating new technologies like artificial intelligence and virtual reality to make PenPal exchanges more educational and engaging
- Our team is fun and extremely talented. Demo a course to see the quality of our tech (built by Miguel Vazquez). Browse all of our courses to see the quality of our curriculum (designed by Mark Danforth).
- We work in the beautiful Impact Hub space on S First St. (near Torchy's tacos).